Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Shopping can be too annoying in malaysia

I went to this shopping complex in Kuching the other day. I had to buy a dress shirt for a meeting (it's more like a course) that night. I thought the meeting, which was held in a hotel, was only carried out during the daytime, but to my vain it continued into the night. All i did was i just grabbed a shirt without a careful thought and thorough inspection. So, I whizzed to a counter, hoping i would get there first. Nobody i was standing at the counter except the cahsier. I was very glad. Strewn on the counter were a wallet left open and a shirt while the cashier was finished counting money. So where was the owner of the wallet? My head turn 360 degree. He was standing a few inches from me with one hand holding a mobile phone to his ear and the other was busily selecting the hanging clothes. How irritating it was!!! He was talking loudly in a local dialect expecting people to hear him bragging about something. The cashier face remained calm. But i emphatically knew how he felt. That guy was a perfect example of rudeness and selfish. Is this the kind of Malaysian attitude to be shown to the world where people are talking about the ICT and globalisation...I guess not.

No comments: